- The Wisconsin Library Association awarded “Still True” with its highest honor, the 2023 WLA Literary Award for Fiction
- “Still True” is a finalist for the Chicago Writer’s Association’s 2023 Book of the Year
- Audiobook rights sold! Connecticut-based Tantor Media has purchased the audiobook rights to “Still True.” More information to follow.
- “Still True” was named the honorable mention selection for the 2022 Edna Ferber Fiction Book Award. The prize is given to the best fiction book published by a Wisconsin writer in the previous year. The Wisconsin Writers Awards was established in 1964 and is Wisconsin’s longest-running literary award for published work.
- “Still True” is a silver medal winner in the 33rd annual Midwest Book Awards in the Literary/Contemporary/Historical Fiction category. The Midwest Book Awards are presented by MiPA, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting independent publishers in the Midwest. This year, MiPA received 303 entries, made up of 227 unique titles in a range of genres from 122 independent publishers from each state in MiPA’s 12-state region.
- “Still True is one of three finalists for the Women’s Fiction Writers Association’s STAR Award for Outstanding Debut. Congratulations to fellow finalist Grace Marcus, author of “Visible Signs,” and to winner Maggie Smith, author of “Truth and Other Lies.”
- “Still True” is the 2023 selection for Madison Public Library’s Book Club Cafe. Maggie Ginsberg joins an impressive lineup of past authors that have included Chloe Benjamin, Lucy Tan, Jane Hamilton and Elizabeth Berg. Tickets for the May 15 are on sale now.
- Maggie Ginsberg will be keynoting the Friday luncheon at the 2023 Wisconsin Library Association’s annual Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries WAPL conference in Oshkosh on Friday, April 28.
Find details for these announcements on the Events page.
Review: ‘Still True’ | The Spectator
2023 Book of the Year | Finalist, Chicago Writer’s Association
Edna Ferber Fiction Book Award Honorable Mention | Wisconsin Writers Awards
2023 Midwest Book Awards | Literary/Contemporary/Historical Fiction
Book Review | Wisconsin People & Ideas Magazine
Top 12 Bestselling Books of 2022 | Arcadia Books
2022: The Year in Wisconsin Books | Isthmus
2022 Holiday Picks | Arcadia Books
Matt’s Holiday Interviews: Maggie Ginsberg | AM950 The Matt McNeil Show on AM950
A Year End in Books with A Room of Own’s Own co-owner Gretchen Treu | WORT FM’s A Public Affair
Review: ‘Still True,’ by Maggie Ginsberg — Don’t Miss | StarTribune
Recording: In Conversation with Frank Bures | Magers & Quin Booksellers
Madison author’s debut novel addresses family secrets, alcoholism | Wisconsin Public Radio
‘It’s Just the Air We Breathe’ | Wisconsin Public Radio
Madison author’s new book taps into alcoholism in Wisconsin by Jonah Beleckis
Interview with Madison Poet Laureate Angela Trudell Vasquez | Madison BookBeat
Maggie Ginsberg on the exciting, vulnerable, terrifying road to becoming an author | Madison Magazine
WATCH: Maggie Ginsberg discusses debut novel ‘Still True’ | News 3 Now
When do life’s tools of escape become weapons? | Wisconsin State Journal
New Wisconsin-Connected Books to Cozy Up With This Fall | Milwaukee Magazine
On word vitamins, substance abuse, and her complicated love letter to small-town Wisconsin | Readers Lane
A Chat with Writer Maggie Ginsberg on Her Journey from Freelance Journalist to First-Time Novelist | Doug Moe
Wisconsin Book Festival officially launches 20th-anniversary celebration | Madison Magazine
RECORDING NOW AVAILABLE | Wisconsin Book Festival appearance
Maggie Ginsberg and Mary Wimmer will read from and discuss their new books, Still True & The Art of the Break. They will then talk about writing novels, setting their stories in Wisconsin, and being an author with another job.
Isthmus Picks for the Week of Sept. 21 | Isthmus
‘It’s a gorgeous and at times heartbreaking story about the complex ways one fateful evening impacts an older husband and wife living in separate houses, a wise 10-year-old boy in need of a friend, and his highly dysfunctional parents.’ Review by Michael Popke
Love, Life and Writing in The Driftless | Chippewa Valley Writers Guild
A Q&A with author Maggie Ginsberg on her debut novel, Still True, by Grace Schutte
Live interview with Maggie Ginsberg | As Goes Wisconsin with Kristin Brey
Interview with Maggie Ginsberg | Writing Threads Podcast with Heather King
‘Everybody Wants to Hear a Story’ | Mount Horeb Mail newspaper
Interview with Camille DeAngelis | Instagram Live
The author of Bones & All (now a Timothée Chalamet movie) and Maggie Ginsberg catch up on their long-time friendship and talk about the themes in Maggie’s debut novel, Still True.
Keep up with readings and signings, Still True in the news, and other flotsam from Maggie’s brain with the It’s All Still True newsletter, emailed to your inbox.